Family

Family
"I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to give you a hope and a future."

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Can't Believe I wrote that

I have finished the edit of Book One- which is named Remembering Our Love. I have now started editing book 2. This is called Hope Has Crosses. Or Hope's Crosses...iffy on which one I want to use.

Anyways, I wrote Hope Has Crosses in 2007. I wanted to write this book but I was sort of afraid. I kept saying,"What would people think?" "Is it over the top?" Then I decided I would write this book without holding back. I would not ask myself what people might think. I was going to go for it.

Now re-reading the book again I caught myself taking a big breath after the first chapter and going, "Whoa. This is intense." I wrote it. I know. But it's been a while since I wrote it and read it and part of me wondered again.....is it too much for Christian fiction?

It's not a pretty picture painted of the main character Julia. She is down and out. She does everything in the book that any Christian would gasp at. Yet, I wrote this book with a heart that said, "Life is not a fairy tale. Yes, I grew up in a Christian home with a loving family and had a nice life. But so many others have not." Your heart will break for Julia as she reaches the edge. My own heart broke so many times writing the story. I believe this book and book three were the hardest stories I have ever written.

To some it may seem silly but if my heart is not in my books and invested in my characters how can I ask anyone else to invest their hearts into my books? I want to write life changing fiction. I want people to read my stories and say, "Whoa."

I make sure the gospel message is clear in every book so if someone who is unsaved ever picks one up then they have a clear presentation of the gospel.

And for believers I would hope my book would offer encouragement, stronger faith, and an adoration for a God who would save the most unlovable of us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment