Family

Family
"I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to give you a hope and a future."

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Saying No Again

I was reading some old notes on Facebook that I had posted after I had lost all that weight. I saw a before and after picture I posted. I realized that one thing I did all the time was say NO when I was changing my lifestyle and learning to eat healthy and exercise hard.

I had to say NO to food.

I had to say NO to buying things I knew I wouldn't resist.

I had to say NO to chocolates for my birthday or holidays.

I had to say NO to staying home to watch my favorite shows and opt instead for at least an hour at the gym.

I had to say NO to sitting around and had to make sure I was moving through out the day.

I had to say NO to people who offered me seconds.

I had to say NO to french fries and fried food in general.

I had to say NO to the words, "I give up," and "this is impossible."

I had to say NO to being "too tired" to workout or go for a walk.

I had to say NO to donuts and watch while others ate them.

I had to say NO to being overweight, unhealthy, uncomfortable.

I had to say NO to a cheat day or "just this once."

I had to say NO I am not happy like this even though I say I am.

I had to say NO more!

Make NO a new part of your vocabulary.

Don't be afraid to say NO. No Thanks. Not Today. Maybe another day, another time.

I still have about 15-20 pounds to go before I hit my goal and then I wish to maintain for my life. I have slipped. I have ridden a yo-yo up and down with four pounds up and four pounds down. I need to learn to say NO again.

I need to learn to find my reason again. When you lose weight you need a good reason to do it and stick with it. I did it before and I know I can do it again but now I know that it is not an easy road to take. It's harder to face. Harder to commit. Hard not to say, I've had enough and this is good enough.

These past couple of years I have become more aware of my body and what food does for it and what exercise does for it. You are given one body, one life. You can not trade it in. You can not start over. You can not get another one. We will not be made perfect until God calls us to our real home.

Will I lose the last 15-20 pounds? I think so.

I enjoy a challenge. I enjoy accomplishing hard things. I need to find that enjoyment in feeling my body change and become healthier.

When? I don't know. I have to find that reason again. That motivation. The push. The drive. And I have to adopt the word, NO.

1 comment: